We will start with the bad news: The New York City rental market is full of pitfalls that can trip up renters. As we covered in our last blog, the rent here is exorbitant, and there are stringent income requirements to satisfy (even with a guarantor or a financial backer — it’s complicated). If you’ve never signed a lease before — and you don’t have a solid work history or credit history or some record of being a responsible renter — it’s even harder to get an apartment. Add to that the mountain of paperwork to put together, deposits to pay and utilities to turn on and it’s a bit of a nightmare.
Don’t lose hope! We have a solution! SharedEasy has demystified the whole process. It is our mission to make the rental process easy, hassle free and all inclusive. Here are the 10 easy steps to rent a coliving space at one of our beautiful homes:
1. Apply on the website – go to https://sharedeasy.club.
2. Receive a confirmation email from our Sales Team
3. Answer a few easy questions about what you are looking for and what your budget is
4. Share with us your hobbies and interests and what brings you to New York so that we can find the community that best fits you.
5. Receive a list of available options for the variety of rooms we have available – private, shared, private suite, etc.
6. Choose the best option for you and send your preference with your move-in and move-out dates, payment option preference and deposit options.
7. For people who cannot afford the refundable deposit at signup or if you just don’t want to freeze the money, we have a special program: Deposit-Free Living. For a small monthly fee, you can stay without paying the full deposit up front. Instead you can defer the deposit and pay when you want. In order to enter the Deposit-Free Living Program, you must sign a membership agreement and you will pay 5% of your monthly fee as a sign-up fee and then you will pay only 2% from your monthly fee each month during your stay at SharedEasy.
8. Sign a contract and pay the bill.
9. After you sign and pay, you will receive move-in instructions.
10. The final step is easy – Bring your suitcase. Positive outlook, hopes and dreams for living in The City, and we will be here to welcome you to your new home!