While many people call it different names, NYC is one of the best places in the world to study and work. A lot of students from all over the world flock into the city that never sleeps yearly to continue their studies and build important connections in their fields. Apart from the thousands of international students trooping in every year, many individuals from all walks of life also move in for other important reasons. With SharedEasy, intending/internship students can as well call it home.
New York is the most populated in the United States, and of course, one of the most expensive cities to live in. The average rent for a co-op apartment in New York is $3,000 a month, although rents for these apartments go as low as $1,700 and as high as $5,500, depending on the location and size of the apartment.
The question of renting houses in NY is in the balance between quality and cost of apartments. To get a befitting house space, you would have to spend an average of $3,000 monthly. Although for the student (s), since they would usually get a smaller apartment, the cost of renting wouldn’t be this much. But then, in most cases, it is always still considered expensive by students and interns. With the high cost of securing an apartment in New York City, most students are always on the search for alternative options that offer quality house spaces at low costs.
One such arrangement is the search for NYC summer housing, especially for interns. Also, students and interns search for apartments for rent in college, they also search for new york university dorms and opt for apartment sharing.
While some students in the city settle for NYC college dorms or live alone, others, especially interns usually opt for the option of Coliving. The Coliving housing arrangement has become a trend among students and interns. They would most times pair themselves up and get an apartment where they share the rent and cost of utility.
• Living alone eliminates some of the conflicts associated with living with roommates
• You have the freedom to invite anyone and whenever you want without making any roommate(s) uncomfortable
• Your privacy is never compromised
Cons Of Renting An Apartment Alone
• All bills are on you and could be quite expensive for a student or an intern
• Making friends is easier for those living in dorms or those with roommates
• You do all the house chores alone and this could be tiring and monotonous
• You have no one to share your worries with
• Like I had earlier stated, the fact that the cost of rent and utility bills are shared especially in an expensive city like New York where the rental market can be extremely competitive is a major pro of the Apartment Sharing arrangement – basically, it is affordable.
• Another advantage of apartment sharing is that you would always have somebody with whom you could share your worries, sad & happy moments with rather than being alone and crying alone. This can be very helpful to your mental health provided he/she feels concerned about what is being discussed. Moreover, you can cook, eat, and watch movies together; this makes your stay in the apartment exciting.
• You can easily build connections with those that are already friends with your roommate – who knows they might be helpful anytime soon.
• Other pros of the coliving housing arrangement are simplicity, privacy, and comfort for residents. But then, the issues that plague the co-living arrangements are numerous.
• One of the major issues with the apartment sharing arrangement is in finding roommates in NYC. Although there is some roommate finder in NYC, the process of finding house-mates/roommates is not usually easy and fast.
• Another thing is the fact that sometimes after finding roommates, the issue then lies in the compatibility of roommates, boundaries, and respect for privacy and space, the quality of their character, and the security of properties, especially with the fact that residents are most times strangers.
• Another issue is the fact that sometimes the refusal of a resident to pay for utility would mean that every other occupant of the apartment will have to suffer for the negligence of one housemate.
Despite the cons of the Coliving arrangement, there is a way it can be maneuvered to manage its shortcomings and this is where Coliving companies come to play.
There are several Coliving companies in NY that provide services to mitigate these issues encountered by both student (s) and interns living alone or in a shared apartment. One of the apex Coliving companies in New York is SharedEasy.
SharedEasy offers house rental services for fully furnished serviced apartments that are incredibly affordable. We offer weekly cleaning, fully equipped kitchens, and details even down to linens and towels. Our offer comes with flexible lease terms from 1 month or more.
SharedEasy offers are for a minimum stay of 1 month. However, we carry out a criminal background check on potential residents to strike out the possibility of threats to lives and property.
So, for students and interns looking for apartments In NYC, Off-Campus, apply today with SharedEasy. Rent a room in fully furnished serviced apartments with flexible lease terms from 1 month. To get this, all you need to do is to sign an agreement and move in carrying just your suitcase. And you are good to go.
The diversity of the City’s environment is undoubtedly suitable for students who want to live and learn in New York. Both intending and internship students are open to numerous opportunities and they can acquire a lot of experiences that they will cherish for life.
More than 800 languages are spoken and as an international student who is versatile enough and has a flair for learning new languages, New York City could be the best place for you. You will be exposed to different cultures, delicacies, and nightlife – This makes it such an interesting place to live as an international student or intern. If you are a gallivanter, NYC could be an adventurous place for you as there is an unending list of places for you to explore.
If you would like to explore the city as an international student or if you live in the United States and you intend to visit NYC or you are an intern, below are the cool things to do and see…
• The Statue of Liberty
• Times Square
• Ellis Island
• Graffiti and Street Art Walking Tours
• Rockefeller Center
• Central Park
• Carnegie Hall
• And many more places
You may also decide to see the sunset. Check out one of our posts on where you can see the sunset. If you are a student or you will be going for your internship soon, don’t forget SharedEasy offers really cool coliving apartments.